Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Twig Wreath Redo for Spring

I'm a bit of a wreath fanatic. There, I've said it.

When I found this twig wreath for $2 at a yard sale I knew it's 24" size 
was perfect for my front door. It came with bits of dried eucalyptus branches and fake roses and I kept them in place.

So first, I spray painted it glossy black and added Dollar Store leaves and flowers for fall and Halloween.


LOVE!
See the black roses and dried eucalyptus? 


Then for winter/Christmas I spray painted it gloss white and added lots of glossy turquoise. 
I am always on the look out for more turquoise bits and bobs 
plus glittery snowflakes and Christmas bulbs.

And there are the eucalyptus and roses painted bright white.



And now for spring, the white wreath is ready to shine in beautiful shades of green. Courtesy of the Dollar Store, thrift stores and yard sales, of course.


This time the white roses are under the ferns and butterflies.


Here are some of my finds during the year. I used some for this wreath. 
I have a list of things I am always looking for.



When I couldn't find green curlicues I just painted some curled wire. I do believe in making things I need/want and then making things work without spending loads of money.

Ooh aaah!


This year I've even turned it over and tried it out on this octagon window.
I removed the nest and added more butterflies and a wind chime. 
I painted the wind chime butterfly as a Monarch for a pop of color. 

What do you think? Should I add a wreath on the door, too? 

Can I ever have too many wreaths? Lol.

What are you doing for your spring decor? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Book Page Christmas DIY

Most of you have figured out I am a color freak with an obsession  for turquoise, red and cobalt blue.  However, I also obsess about ...