Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Crocheted Rocks? Yes, You Can.


Whenever we're on vacation either at the Oregon coast or alongside a beautiful Oregon river, I try to do an art project with natural stones. 

And here is one of those projects...crochet wrapped river rocks. LOVE how they turned out! The contrast between the lacy threadwork and the natural stones is just gorgeous.



I made these three as a gift for our vacation hosts. But first I had a great time photographing them in all kinds of natural settings!



As for directions.
 I just used a size 6 hook since it worked with regular crochet cotton thread
and made them just like the center of a normal crocheted doily with a flower motif.
Then I started filling in with simple chains to make the spiderweb looking areas.
Once the piece was big enough to cover the whole rock I pulled the end tight
around the back side  and knotted it off. 


I just love how they look nestled like Easter eggs in  wild places.


The subtle colors and vivid textures of these lace covered stones and lovely driftwood is one of my favorite photos.


Here they are in the river where the stones originally were found.


Oooh aaaah! 

And these aren't the only rock project I did while on vacation. Here's my post about paint pens and river rocks. I love how they came out, too!








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Book Page Christmas DIY

Most of you have figured out I am a color freak with an obsession  for turquoise, red and cobalt blue.  However, I also obsess about ...