Monday, April 28, 2014

I'm Just Going to Paint Those Steps......

You know how this goes. You have a BIG project to do but it takes $$$, time, and people with bigger tools than I can handle, plus muscles, to get them done. 

Which brings us to our back deck. Yes, the decking needs replaced. I can't do that on my own. See above paragraph. But hey, the steps are still in good shape and I DO have a gallon of paint.

That's how my mind works, people. Just jump in and things will fall into place, right? Please ignore the bad boards in the photo below. Ahem. Isn't the blue a nice color? 


                                       
                 

The posts and the facings around the deck are also in good shape so my paint brush led me here......

                                                     \
                           


Oh MAN, look at those railings! Okay, next step requires tools and other chores before I can paint some more. I'll let the pictures tell the tale.




Cleaning the railings up and painting went fast, and then I used the super duper nail gun and it's super duper little air compressor. It makes a very satisfying ka-chunk sound. It's the sound of progress!

And LOOK! Is that a stack of new lumber? The men have gotten involved and now the deck boards will be replaced. 

                             


Don't you love it when a plan comes together?

               
                     

1 comment:

  1. Yep! We are cut out of the same cloth! Love what you are doing here. Great photography and a great eye for design and possibilities! Keep in touch!

    Hugs - Dianna Wood

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Book Page Christmas DIY

Most of you have figured out I am a color freak with an obsession  for turquoise, red and cobalt blue.  However, I also obsess about ...